Norfolk: Great Fransham
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Great Fransham is about 5 miles W. of East Dereham.
See also Little Fransham.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- Mid-Norfolk Family History Society
- Memorial Inscriptions of the Churches and Churchyards of
All Saints Great Fransham, and St Mary Little Fransham.
[Mid-Norfolk Family History Society, 2001]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Brisley, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of All Saints
- Description and pictures.
- Church of All Saints
- Services, etc.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Great Fransham was in
Mitford and Launditch Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Great Fransham Tower Mill
- Description and history.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Great Fransham is in Launditch Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Launditch Hundred
- Description of Launditch Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- Rogerson, Andrew
- Fransham: an archaeological and historical study of a parish
on the Norfolk boulder clay.
[Norwich, University of East Anglia Thesis, 1995]
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain. Inclosure Commissioners
- Statement of claims: Great Fransham, Little Fransham and
Drawn up in pursuance of the Act of Inclosure, 1805.
- Great Britain: Statute
- Great Fransham, Little Fransham and North Pickenham Inclosure
An act for inclosing lands in the parishes of Great Fransham,
Little Fransham, and North Pickenham, in the county of Norfolk.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.