FRAMINGHAM-PIGOT, a small scattered village, 4½ miles S.E. by S. of Norwich, has in its parish 289 souls, and 565A. of land, owned by many freeholders; but the Earl of Rosebery is lord of the manor, which was given by Roger Bigod, Earl of Norfolk, to the Pigot, or Picot family.
The CHURCH (St. Andrew,) is a small, humble fabric, with a tower. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £3. 6s. 8d. The Bishop of Norwich is patron, and the Rev. Thos. Johnson Ormerod, M.A., is the incumbent, and is now building a neat Rectory House. The tithes were commuted in 1842 for £220 per annum.
The Fuel Allotment, awarded at the enclosure in 1800, is 7A. 3R. 2P., let for £12.
Here is a Baptist Chapel, built about 1808.
Babbings Robert vict. Black Horse Henry Henry vict. Gull Lansdell Wm. smith & vict. Fox Lawrence Wm. shopkeeper Leech Robert cattle dealer Ormerod Rev Thos. Johnson, M.A. rector, and Bishop's chaplain Sheldrick Robert beer seller Stark Michael gent. Youngs Robert carpenter FARMERS. Barker Thomas Pitcher James Bunting Benj. Seeley Thomas Hawkes John Ward George
Copyright © Pat Newby.