Norfolk: Forncett St Mary
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Forncett St Mary is about 6 miles S.E. of Wymondham.
See also Forncett St Peter.
Archives and Libraries
- Forncett Industrial Steam Museum
- A collection of stationary steam engines.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Depwade, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Mary.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Cotton, Simon and Tricker, Roy
- The Forncetts, St. Edmund, St. Mary, St. Peter.
(The churches of St Peter, Forncett St Peter,
St Mary, Forncett St Mary and St Edmund, Forncett End).
[Forncett, The Churches and Norfolk Churches Trust, 1980s]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Archdeacon's Transcripts or Bishop's Transcripts
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Forncett St Mary was in
Depwade Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Forncett Village Pages
- Local news and information, parish council, etc.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Forncett St Mary is in Depwade Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Depwade Hundred
- Description of Depwade Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain. Inclosure Commissioners
- Statement of claims (72): Forncett Saint Peter and Saint Mary.
Drawn up in pursuance of the Act of Inclosure, 1810.
- Great Britain: Statute
- Forncett Saint Peter and Forncett Saint Mary Inclosure Act, 1809.
An act for inclosing lands in the parishes of Forncett Saint
Peter and Forncett Saint Mary, in the county of Norfolk.
[An independently printed edition of the act, 1809]
- 1565: Land Survey
- Forncett St Mary and Forncett St Peter.
- Davenport, Frances Gardiner
- The economic development of a Norfolk manor, 1086-1565.
(This is the manor of Forncett).
[London, Cass, 1967]
[Originally published: Cambridge, University Press, 1906]
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.