FILBY, a village 16 miles E. by N. of Norwich, and 6 miles N.W. of Yarmouth. The parish comprises an area of 1190 acres, and the population in 1841 was 553. Post-Office, at Elizabeth Boulton's. Norwich, London, &c. letters delivered at 9.30 a.m. and despatched at 3.45 p.m. Yarmouth, &c. letters delivered at 4 p.m. and despatched at 9.30 a.m.
Boulton Elizabeth grocery dealer Bunn John beer retailer Chase George shoemaker English William shoemaker Everson James grocery dealer Green Robert painter & glazier Harris William saddler Harrison Wm. farrier & grocery dlr Hunt William blacksmith Leech William gamekeeper Lucas George solicitor Lucas Rev. Charles, B.A. Nichols Thomas wheelwright Sherrington Mrs. Elizabeth Shreeve James 'Fox and Hounds' Shreeve John blacksmith Skoyles James ironfounder Smith William tailor Trett Mary shopkeeper Trett Thomas swine dealer Walpole Clement S. joiner Farmers. Allard Francis Humphrey George Chapman William Nockholds Henry Harris John Nockholds Robert Hewitt John Parker John Humphrey Benjamin Skoyles ThomasPOST CART to and from Norwich and Yarmouth daily.
Copyright © Pat Newby.