Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Erpingham

Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

ERPINGHAM, a village 16 miles N. of Norwich, and 4 miles N. of Aylsham. The parish comprises 1361 acres, and contained in 1841, 475 inhabitants: its present residents are:-

	Allen     Rev. Stephen, M.A.
	Bacon     Robert             tailor
	Bane      George             miller
	Brown     Hannah             grocer
	Brown     John               brewer, maltster and 'Spread Eagle'
	Brown     Mrs. Hannah
	Chapman   John               butcher
	Chritolph Chpr.              school
	Cooper    Jonathan           shoemaker
	Duffield  Mrs. Martha
	Fish      Rev. George
	Frostick  Thomas             baker
	Holland   George             'King's Head'
	Johnson   John               miller
	Johnson   John               millwright
	Kemp      Rev. N.R.P.
	Marsh     Rev. William
	            Heath, M.A.
	Shepheard John, Esq.
	Watts     Joseph             joiner and wheeler
	Watts     Mr. John
	Watts     William            grocer & draper

	   Farmers.

	Aggs      William
	Balls     Edmund             (and butcher)
	Blyth     William
	Gay       Samuel
	Hook      William
	Newstead  Benjamin
	Smith     John
	Spurrell  William


See also the Erpingham parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
August 2009