Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Great Ellingham

Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk 1850

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

ELLINGHAM (GREAT), a village 15 miles S.W. of Norwich, and 2 miles N.W. of Attleborough. The parish comprises an area of 2530 acres, and the population in 1841 was 838. Post-Office at Charles H. Hannent's. Letters delivered at 9 a.m. and despatched to Norwich and all parts, via Attleborough at 6 p.m.

	Barnard    Lydia          grocery dealer
	Bartram    John           beer retailer
	Brooks     William        wheelwright
	Castleton  Jonas          blacksmith
	Chaplain   William        wheelwright
	Chapman    James          'Chequers'
	Cragg      Mr. James      (baptist minister)
	Dennis     Benjamin       parish clerk
	Fielding   Jeremiah       miller
	Foulsham   John           beer retailer
	Hannent    Chas. Hy.      grocer & draper
	Houchen    Stephen        shoemaker
	Lane       Aaron          baker
	Lebbell    Robt.          'Crown' & blacksmith
	Leeder     William, jun.  farrier
	Leeder     William, sen.  farrier
	Matthews   Robert         shoemaker
	Poll       Robert         gardener
	Smith      James          shoemaker
	Stebbings  Michael        butcher
	Watts      Henry          grocer
	Wilkins    William        shoemaker

	   Farmers.

	Adams      Henry
	Barnard    Benjamin       Hall
	Barnard    James          (& corn merchant)
	Barnard    John
	Brighton   William
	Chapman    James          (and dealer)
	Colman     Henry
	Downes     William
	Mann       Mary
	Rivett     Jonathan
	Turner     Joseph
	Warren     Samuel         (and tanner)
	Wright     Phillis

See also the Great Ellingham parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
June 2014