Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Edingthorpe

William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845

EDINGTHORPE, 3 miles N.E. by E. of North Walsham, has in its parish 195 souls, and 710A. of land. J. Mack, Esq., is lord of the manor; but the soil belongs to various owners.

The Church (All Saints,) has a handsome Gothic screen, and the living is a rectory, valued in the King's Book at 5. 5s. 2d., in the patronage of the Queen, as Duchess of Lancaster, and incumbency of the Rev. Richd. Adams, who has held it since 1789. The glebe is 17A. 3R. 34P., and the tithes were commuted in 1840 for 240 per ann.

DIRECTORY:

	Adams      Rev. Rd.  Rectory
	Landymore  John S.   brick and tile maker
	Larter     Robt.     joiner
	Powell     John      shoemaker
	Steward    Wm.       shopkeeper and wheelwright

	   farmers.

	Barcham    Ezra
	Bush       Thomas
	Fuller     Adam
	Myhill     Samuel
	Paine      Robt.
	Potter     Henry
	Richardson George
	Turner     Chas. (owner)
	Turner     Chas., jun.
	Turner     John
Note: the format of the directory has been changed.
See also the Edingthorpe parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright Pat Newby.
January 2003