[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
The tower fell down about September, 1771, beating down a great part of the church, and breaking the three bells. In 1772 a faculty was granted for their sale, the money to be applied towards the purchase of a new bell and the erection of a cupola. The present bell-cot was built in 1848; the inscription on the bell was read with a telescope.
See also the Easton parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.