[Transcription copyright © Mike Bristow]
DUNSTON, on the small river Tas, 4 miles S. of Norwich, has in its parish 107 souls, and about 600 acres of land, all the property of R. K. Long, Esq., of Dunston Hall, the lord of the manor, impropriator of the tithes, and patron of the Church, (St. Remigius,) which is a curacy, valued in 1831 at £30, and now enjoyed by the Rev. H. C. Long. It was augmented, in 1762 and '92, with £400 of Q.A.B. In the chancel is a brass, with effigies of Clere Talbot and his two wives. Nearly all the parishioners died of the plague in 1349.
Long Robt. Killett, Esq. Hall Carpenter Robert farmer Lincoln Jeremiah farm bailiff Wenn Rev. J. W. curate Fish Mr. John
See also the Dunston parish page.
Copyright © Mike Bristow.