DUNHAM (LITTLE), a village having a railway station, 25 miles W. of Norwich, and 5 miles N.E. of Swaffham. The parish comprises an area of 1837 acres, and the population in 1841 was 298. Post-Office at James Codman's. Letters delivered at 7 a.m., and despatched to Norwich and all parts, via Swaffham, at 6 p.m.
Amos Benjamin butcher Bird Francis shoemaker Buck Thos. clerk to Col. Oakes Chamberlayne John blacksmith Hey Joseph carpenter Hey William carpenter Jackson Mr. John Large William farmer Morley John 'Crown' Nelson Rev. John, B.A. (curate) Oakes Lieut-Colonel Lodge Pilgrim Edward schoolmaster Spence Alfred coal & spirit mercht. Tash Robert 'Swan' (and carpenter) Thompson James baker Wright Sarah grocery dealerPOST CART, to and from Litcham and Swaffham daily.
Copyright © Pat Newby.