Norfolk: Downham West
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Downham West is about 16 miles S. of King's Lynn.
It is also known as West Downham.
It is a civil parish (not an ecclesiastical parish), created in 1896
from the western, rural, part of Downham Market.
It contained only a small hamlet called Salter's Lode.
See also Denver,
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1896
and 1930 (and for the census in 1901), Downham West was in
Downham Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Downham West and Salter's Lode
- Description and history.
- Salter's Lode Smock Mill
- Description, history and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Downham West is in Clackclose Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Clackclose Hundred
- Description of Clackclose Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
- Salter's Lode
- Salter's Lode School Log book 1936-1959.
[No publication information]
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.