See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Ditchingham is about 2 miles N. of Bungay (which is in Suffolk).
- Haggard, Lilias Rider
- Too late for tears (Margitson family, Ditchingham House).
[Bungay, Waveney Publications, 1969]
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Brooke, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Mary.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Mary
- Description and pictures.
- Anglican Community of All Hallows
- Convent, hospital, nursing home, etc.
- Violet, Sister
- All Hallows - Ditchingham: the story of an East Anglian community.
[ISBN 0728900173, Oxford, Becket, 1983]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Marriages 1559-1812
- See Phillimore's Marriage Registers, Volume 5.
- These are included in
Boyd's Marriage Index.
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Ditchingham was in
Loddon and Clavering Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Ditchingham Mill
- Description, history and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Ditchingham is in Loddon Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Loddon Hundred
- Description of Loddon Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- Fairhead, Albert E.
- The Ditchingham that I knew (c.1905-1920).
[ISBN 0950516708, Norwich, 1976]
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- See Hedenham
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.