CROSTWIGHT parish, 4 miles E. of North Walsham, has only 69 souls, and 777 acres of land, mostly the property of Martin James Shepheard, Esq., of the [sic] North Walsham and Crostwight Hall, a large old mansion, near the ruin of the ancient manor house, which was a seat of the Walpoles. Mr. Shepheard is lord of the manor, and patron of the Church (All Saints,) which is a rectory, valued in the King's Book at £5. 6s. 8d., and enjoyed by the Rev. Henry Atkinson. The glebe is 10½A., and the tithes were commuted in 1838 for £153 per annum. The poor's land is let for 20s. a year.
Love John farm steward, Hall Salmon Wm. farmer
Copyright © Pat Newby.