CROSTWICK, 4½ miles N.N.E. of Norwich, has in its parish 147 souls, and about 700A. of land, mostly belonging to J. Longe and J. Stracey, Esqrs. Here is a common of 30A.
The Church (St. Peter,) is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £2. 17s. 6d., and in 1831 at £66. It has 4½A. of glebe, and is in the patronage of the Bishop of Norwich, and incumbency of the Rev. John Humfrey, A.M., of Wroxham.
The poor have 30s. a year, as the rent of an acre of "town land."
Bowen Thos. farmer and wheelwright Brooks James Robinson farmer Money John carpenter Pearce Frederick farmer Woodhouse Wm. shopkeeper and vict. White Horse
Copyright © Pat Newby.