For more information about this parish see
Norfolk Parish Links.
Search for more references to this parish - See
Contents & Search above.
Modern and Historical Maps of this Parish.
Crostwick is about 4 miles N.N.E. of Norwich.
See also Crostwight.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- Church of St Peter
- Description and pictures.
- Church of St Peter
- Services, minister, pictures, etc.
- Parishes of Horsham St Faith, Spixworth and Crostwick
- Churches, services, pictures, etc.
- Rose, Edwin J.; and King, David J.
- Recent discoveries at Crostwick St Peter.
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Archaeological Society,
in "Norfolk Archaeology", vol.39, 1986]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Campling, Arthur
- Index of Marriages, Crostwick, 1561-1753.
[Norwich Local Studies Library, Handwritten document, 1930s]
- These are included in
Boyd's Marriage Index.
They are not included in Phillimore's Marriage Registers.
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Crostwick was in
St Faith's Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Crostwick is in Taverham hundred.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for St Faith's Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
- 1861 Census
- "ST. FAITHS. The decrease of population in most of the parishes
comprised in the District of St. Faiths is attributed to the
migration of labourers and their families to the manufacturing
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.