For more information about this parish see
Norfolk Parish Links.
Search for more references to this parish - See
Contents & Search above.
Modern and Historical Maps of this Parish.
Archives and Libraries
- 1881 Transcription:
The files are packaged into .zip format for PC users, and .sit.bin
format for Mac users. Please select the one you want. You will
have to unpack the files yourself.
- PC: Cromer.zip
- Mac: Cromer.sit.bin
These are links to archived copies.
- (No author)
- Look at Cromer Parish Church. Visitors' guide to the parish
church of St Peter and St Paul.
[ISBN 0863841228, Bessacarr Prints, 1988]
- Rye, Walter
- An account of the churches of St Peter of Shipden and of
St Peter and Paul of Cromer, in the county of Norfolk.
[Norwich, Samuel Miller, 1870]
Description and Travel
- Cromer and its People
- Description, history, genealogy, etc.
This is a link to an archived copy.
- Bartell, Edmund, jun
- Cromer, considered as a watering place: with observations
on the picturesque scenery in its neighbourhood.
[London, Printed for J. Taylor, 1806]
- Knights, Mark
- The illustrated guide to Cromer and neighbourhood:
including Runton, Sheringham, Overstrand, Sidestrand,
Mundesley, Northrepps, Bacton, Bromholm, and the Broads;
revised to the present time by Mark Knights.
[London, Jarrold, (1889?)]
- Mannings, John Spelman
- Cromer: a descriptive poem.
[London, J. Ridgway, 1806]
- Stibbons, P.J.R. and Stibbons, Brenda
- A Cromer album: 1860-1914.
[ISBN 0946148120, North Walsham, Poppyland, 1985]
- Ward Lock and Co's illustrated guide books.
- A pictorial and descriptive guide to Cromer, Sheringham,
Norwich and North Norfolk: with a special section for
motorists. (10th edition revised).
[London, Ward Lock and Co., 1920s]
- Warren, Martin
- Around Cromer.
[Alan Sutton Publishing, Stroud, Gloustershire, 1990s?]
- Brooks, Peter
- Coastal towns at war: the story of Cromer and Sheringham in
the Second World War.
[ISBN 094614835X, Poppyland, 1988]
- Reid, Andy (Ed.)
- Cromer and Sheringham: the growth of the holiday trade
[ISBN 0906219205, Norwich, Centre of East Anglian Studies in
association with the Norfolk and Norwich Branch of the Historical
- Rothery, Constance
- The Poppyland Flyer: the story of the railway line from
Cromer to North Walsham, 1906-1953: calling at: Cromer
Links - Overstrand - Sidestrand Halt -Trimmingham and
Paston and Knapton - Mundesley.
[Trimmingham, Norfolk, C. Rothery, 1984]
- Rye, Walter
- Cromer, past and present, or, An attempt to describe the
parishes of Shipden and Cromer, and to narrate their
[Norwich, Jarrold, 1889]
- Lee, Kitty
- The history of Cromer lifeboats and crews 1935-1945.
[ISBN 0951853007, Cromer, 1991]
- Stibbons, P.J.R. and Malster, Robert
- The Cromer lifeboats 1804-1986.
[ISBN 094614821X, Norfolk, Poppyland Publishing, 1986]
- Barrett, K.D.L.
- A history of Cromer Girls' School 1872-1949.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.