For more information about this parish see
Norfolk Parish Links.
Search for more references to this parish - See
Contents & Search above.
Modern and Historical Maps of this Parish.
Cranwich is about 8 miles N.W. of Thetford.
The name may also be spelled Cranwick.
See also Cranworth.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Cranwich, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
- The parish church is dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of the Virgin Mary
- Description and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Farrow, Charles W.; and Palgrave-Moore, Patrick
- The Parish Registers of Norfolk: Cranwich, 1691-1837,
transcribed and indexed.
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Genealogical Society,
monograph series no.10, 1986]
- These are included in
Boyd's Marriage Index.
They are not included in Phillimore's Marriage Registers.
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Cranwich was in
Thetford Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Cranwich is in Grimshoe hundred.
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Thetford Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.