COSTON parish, on the river Yare, 4 miles N.N.E. of Hingham, has only 48 souls, and 353 acres of land, nearly all in one farm belonging to Lord Wodehouse.
The CHURCH (St. Michael,) is a curacy, certified at £21, and always held by the Archdeacon of Norfolk, for whom the Rev. R.B. Matthews, of Hingham, officiates. The tithes were commuted in 1842, for £95.5s. per annum.
Atkins Charles C. farmer Brown John shopkeeper and vict., Coach and Horses
Copyright © Pat Newby.