See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Coltishall is about 7 miles S.E. of Aylsham.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Ingworth, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St John the Baptist.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St John the Baptist
- Description and pictures.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Coltishall was in
Aylsham Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Coltishall is in South Erpingham Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for South Erpingham Hundred
- Description of South Erpingham Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- Bond, Richard
- Coltishall: Heyday of a Broadland village. (1800-1900)
[ISBN 0946148201, North Walsham, Poppyland, 1986]
- Sinclair, Olga
- When Wherries Sailed By.
[ISBN 0946148279, North Walsham, Poppyland, 1987]
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
- Scott, Stewart
- Airfield focus, no. 22: Coltishall.
(History of RAF Coltishall).
[ISBN 1870384431, Peterborough, GMS Enterprises, 1995]
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
- After 1834 Coltishall became part of the
and the workhouses were at
These were replaced by a new workhouse at
Aylsham in 1849.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.