COLNEY, on the river Yare, 3 miles W. of Norwich, has in its parish 110 souls, and 917A. of land, belonging to Joseph Scott, Esq., of Colney Hall, a large modern mansion, on a commanding eminence. Mr. Scott purchased the manor and estate, in 1834, of J. Postle, Esq., and is patron of the Church (St. Andrew,) which has a round tower and two bells. The rectory, valued in the King's Book at £6. 13s. 4d., is enjoyed by the Rev. Edward Postle, and the tithes were commuted, in 1840, for £219 per ann.
Cotterill Rev. George curate, (and incumbent of Earlham) Harvey John blacksmith and machine maker Hutchinson Wm. toll collector Ladbrooke J. (Executors of) farmer Liddelow John farmer Scott Joseph, Esq. Hall
Copyright © Pat Newby.