See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Claxton is about 7 miles E.S.E. of Norwich.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- Church of St Andrew
- Transcriptions of gravestones in the churchyard.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Brooke, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Andrew.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Eleven Churches, a Guide to the Bramerton Group, Norfolk.
- See Hellington
See Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Claxton was in
Loddon and Clavering Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Claxton is in Loddon Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Loddon Hundred
- Description of Loddon Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- See Rockland St Mary.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.