[Transcription copyright © Mike Bristow]
CARLETON ST. PETER, 8 miles S.E. of Norwich, has in its parish 96 souls, and 765A. of land. Sir Wm. B. Proctor owns most of the soil, and is lord of the manor; and he and Sir Chas. H. Rich, are alternate patrons of the rectory, valued in K.B. at £9, and in 1831 at £294, with that of Ashby annexed to it, in the incumbency of the Rev.J. Gilbert, of Chedgrave.
The CHURCH has a tower, which was rebuilt in 1504. The glebe is 3A.
The principal inhabitants are --
Fish John vict., Ferry House Hylton Mrs. Deborah farmers Johnson John Perkins Fras.
See also the Carleton St. Peter parish page.
Copyright © Mike Bristow.