Norfolk: Carleton Forehoe
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Carleton Forehoe is about 9 miles W. of Norwich.
The name may also be spelled Carlton Forehoe.
See also East Carleton,
and Carleton St Peter.
Not all memorials may be included, even when a transcription is marked
as complete, for example when stones are not legible enough to be read
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- Mid-Norfolk Family History Society
- Memorial Inscriptions of the Church and Churchyard of St Mary,
Carleton Forehoe, Norfolk.
[Mid-Norfolk Family History Society, unknown date]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Hingham, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Mary.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Mary
- Description and pictures.
- Church of St Mary
- Services, etc.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Archdeacons' Transcripts or Bishop's Transcripts
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Carleton Forehoe was in
Forehoe Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Kimberley and Carleton Forehoe Parish Council
- Parish council, minutes, parish councillors, etc.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Carleton Forehoe is in Forehoe Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Forehoe Hundred
- Description of Forehoe Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain: Statute
- Carlton Forehoe and Kimberley Inclosure Act, 1766.
An act for dividing and inclosing the open and common fields,
half year lands, commons and waste grounds, in the parishes of
Carlton Forehoe, and Kimberley, in the county of Norfolk.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Roll of Honour
- World War 1.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.