[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
On crowns of 3 and 4, three shields: Brasyer, ermine, p.31.
Four bells 6th Edward VI. It appears from the Visitation Inventories that up to 1784 there were five bells and a small saint's bell, which latter appears to have been sold before 1791. The Terrier of 1716 has the following: "Item there is an acre called the Bell roap acre now in the use of Henery Womock yt pays yearly a Stone of hemp towards repairing the Bell roaps."
In 1753: "Itm there is payd by ye Lord of ye Mannor or his order four shills or one Ston of hemp every year towards maintaining ye Bell Ropes." In 1845 this is varied to "There should be paid," &c.
Pages 27-33 of the author's notes on bells and bell-founders describe the Brasyer family.
See also the Carbrooke parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.