CALDECOT, commonly called Cocket, is a small parish 6 miles S.W. of Swaffham, in Swaffham union and county court district, Lynn bankruptcy district, South Greenhoe petty sessional division, Swaffham polling district of West Norfolk, Cranwich rural deanery, and Norfolk archdeaconry. It had 49 inhabitants in 1881, living on 678 acres, and has a rateable value of £479 13s.
The parish belongs to Sir Henry Paston Bedingfeld, Bart., who is patron of the sinecure rectory, valued in the King's Book at £3 1s. 10d, and now at £6 13s. 4d., in the incumbency of the Rev. Alexander Thurtell, M.A., of Oxburgh. Of the CHURCH, which was dedicated to the Virgin Mary, only a few remains now exist.
The whole parish is in one farm, occupied by Mr. Henry Oldfield.
LETTERS viâ Brandon, through Stoke Ferry, which is the nearest Money Order and Telegraph Office.
Oldfield Henry farmerStoke Ferry is the nearest Railway Station.
Copyright © Pat Newby.