Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Caldecote

William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845

[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]

CALDECOT, commonly called COCKET, is a small parish in South Greenhoe Hundred, 6 miles S.W. of Swaffham, and ought to have been noticed at page 373. It has 48 souls, and 662 acres of land, belonging to Sir H.R.P. Bedingfeld, and occupied by Wm. and John Sewell.

But little remains of its CHURCH, (Virgin Mary,) and its rectory, valued in the King's Book at £3 1s. 10d, is united with Cockley-Cley.


The description of Caldecote was omitted from its proper place in the White's directory for 1845, between West Bradenham and Cockley-Cley (page 373), and was instead inserted at the bottom of page 6 in the Index of Places.
See also the Caldecote parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
August 1999