See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Caldecote is about 6 miles S.W. of Swaffham.
The name may also be spelled Caldecot and Caldecott.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Cranwich, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Mary, but it was in ruins
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Mary
- Description and pictures of the ruins.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Caldecote was in
Swaffham Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Caldecote is in South Greenhoe hundred.
- Davison, Alan J.
- The Desertion of Caldecote: some further evidence.
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Archaeological Society,
in "Norfolk Archaeology", vol.39, 1984]
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Maps
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Swaffham Registration District, 1836
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish and nearby places.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.