BURLINGHAM (NORTH) is a straggling village 8½ miles E. of Norwich, situated near the Yarmouth turnpike road, in the parishes of Burlingham, St. Andrew and St. Peter, the former of which comprises 859 acres, and the latter about 400 acres. The population in 1841, of St. Andrew, was 214, and of St. Peter 91; its present residents are:-
Aldous Robert farmer Benstead John wheelwright Burroughes H.N. Esq. M.P. Burroughes J.B. Esq. Jary William, Esq. Nursey Rev. Perry, B.A. Pearce William farmer Pyle Thomas grocery dealer Tooley George shoemaker
Copyright © Pat Newby.