Norfolk: Burgh Parva
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Burgh Parva is about 4 miles S.W. of Holt.
It is united with
See also Bergh Apton,
Burgh next Aylsham,
Burgh St Margaret,
Burgh St Peter
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- The Monumental Inscriptions in the Hundred of Holt (Walter Rye).
- The parishes covered include Burgh Parva.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Holt, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Mary.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Former Church of St Mary
- Description and pictures of the ruins.
- Church of St Mary
- Description and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1869 (and for the censuses in 1851 and 1861), Burgh Parva was in
Erpingham Registration District.
In 1869 it was transferred to
Walsingham Registration District
for civil registration until 1930, and for the censuses of 1871 to 1901.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Burgh Parva is in Holt Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Holt Hundred
- Description of Holt Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
- In 1783, the parishes of Brinton, Melton Constable and Burgh Parva
united to form a Gilbert Union. The House of Industry was in
- In 1869 all three parishes became part of the
and the workhouse was at Great Snoring.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.