BROOMSTHORPE is a decayed parish one mile east from East Rudham, containing one farm of 340 acres, in the occupation of the lord of the manor; the house is occupied by the Misses Francis. Rateable value, £382; the population in 1891 was 16.
There are traces of an old church. The inhabitants attend East Rudham church. John Stonehewer Scott Chadd esq. M.A., J.P. of Pinkney Hall and Thursford Hall, is lord of the manor and chief landowner. The children attend the school at East Rudham.
See also the Broomsthorpe parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.