See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Brisley is about 6 miles S.S.E. of Fakenham.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- Mid-Norfolk Family History Society
- St Bartholomew's Church, Brisley: Memorial Inscriptions.
[Mid-Norfolk Family History Society, 1999?]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Brisley, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Bartholomew.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Messent, Claude John Wilson
- Visitors' guide to St Bartholomew's Church, Brisley.
[Dereham, Everett, 1971]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Brisley was in
Mitford and Launditch Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Brisley is in Launditch Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Launditch Hundred
- Description of Launditch Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- See North Elmham.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.