[Transcription copyright © Mike Bristow]
BRECKLES, or Breccles, a small village and parish, 5 miles S. by E. of Watton, has 160 souls, and 1506 acres of land, belonging to Edw. Kerrison, Esq., son of Sir E. Kerrison, Bart., the lord of the manor and patron of the Church, (St. Margaret,) which is a discharged vicarage, valued in K.B. at £7. 7s. 11d., and in 1831, at £41. From 1767 to 1824 it was augmented with £1000 of Q.A.B. The Rev. Robert Ward is the incumbent.
In 1806, John Stubbings died here, in his 108th year.
The Farmers are
Beart Robt. Howes Eliz. West John and Matlas Elizabeth vict., Gate
See also the Breckles parish page.
Copyright © Mike Bristow.