William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845
BRADESTONE, 7 miles E. of Norwich, has in its parish 126 souls, and 513
acres of land. Some of its houses adjoin the village of Brundall. T.G.
Tuck, Esq., and Mr. D. Read own a great part of the soil; but R.H.V.
Walpole and R. Nevill, Esqrs., are lords of the manors.
The Church (St. Michael,) is a rectory, valued in the King's
Book at £5 6s. 8d., and consolidated with that of Strumpshaw. The tithes
have been commuted for £150 per annum.
Agus Sarah vict. White Horse
Chapman James shoemaker [see note below]
Cory John shoemaker [see note below]
Gilbert T.W., Esq. Hall
Lawes Wm. shopkeeper
Read David corn and coal merchant
Smith James blacksmith
Note: In the original this is:
James Chapman and John Cory, shoemakers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
See also the Braydeston parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.