See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Braydeston is about 7 miles E. of Norwich.
The name is also spelled Bradeston, Bradestone,
Bradiston and Bradistone.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Blofield, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Michael.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Braydeston Marriages 1623-1812
- See Phillimore's Marriage Registers, Volume 1.
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Braydeston was in
Blofield Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Braydeston is in Blofield Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Blofield Hundred
- Description of Blofield Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- Levine, George Jacob
- A concise history of Brundall and Braydeston.
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.