[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
BRANDON PARVA, 5½ miles N.N.W. of Wymondham, and 10 miles W. of Norwich, has in its parish 222 souls, and 982A. of land, mostly belonging, with the manor, to O.S. Onley, Esq.
The Church (All Saints,) has a square tower, and the living is a rectory, valued in the King's Book at £8. 3s. 9d., and now having a yearly rent of £321, awarded in 1841, in lieu of tithes. F.R. Reynolds is patron, and the Rev. Charles Reynolds incumbent.
In 1692, Abigail Costivel left £20 towards building a school here, and endowed it with a yearly rent-charge of 20s. out of High House farm. The old school was divided many years ago into three tenements, claimed by the churchwardens, who, in 1833, agreed to pay the rent of one of them (£2. 5s.) towards the support of a school, built here by C.S.H. Onley, and now supported chiefly by subscription.
The poor have £10 a year out of Mr. Onley's estate, left by John Warner, in 1702, for distribution on Christmas-day. The Fuel Allotment, 10A., was awarded at the enclosure in 1833, and is let for £12 a year, the turf upon it having been exhausted.
The FARMERS are,
Delph Daniel Dobbs Rayner Muskett Joseph Sutton Wm. Tice Thos. Wright Robert
See also the Brandon Parva parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.