[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
G. - In 1702 John Warner bequeathed £10. per annum, to be given to the Poor, at the discretion of the Overseers; vested in George Chad, Esq. whose estate in this parish is tied for the payment.
In 1694 Abigail Costival gave a House endowed with 20s. per annum, on condition that a School should be kept there for poor Children, which is now applied in aid of a poor's rate for the House of Industry for Forehoe Hundred; valued at 14s.
Land, let to John Sull, at £1. per annum, and applied to the above use; but when, or by whom, or for what purpose given, is unknown; vested in the Churchwardens and Overseers.
OBSERVATION. - From the Terrier of 1806 it appears that this very land, divided into three pieces of half an acre each, was let for the same money in 1723.
A Messuage divided into 2 tenements, bought by the parish in the year 1720 for £8. 10s. for the use of the Poor for ever; but the rent is applied to the same use as the above land.
Two tenements adjoining the School-house, which, with the messuage, is vested in the Churchwardens and Overseers, and valued at £2. 16s.
See also the Brandon Parva parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.