Norfolk: Brandon Parva
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Brandon Parva is about 10 miles W. of Norwich.
It is also known as Little Brandon.
See also Brandon in Suffolk.
Not all memorials may be included, even when a transcription is marked
as complete, for example when stones are not legible enough to be read
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- Mid-Norfolk Family History Society
- Memorial Inscriptions of the Churches and Churchyards of All
Saints, Brandon Parva; All Saints, Runhall; and St Michael,
[Mid-Norfolk Family History Society, 2013]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Hingham, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of All Saints
- Description and pictures.
- Church of All Saints
- Services, etc.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Archdeacons' Transcripts or Bishop's Transcripts
- Marriages and
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Brandon Parva was in
Forehoe Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Brandon Parva, Coston, Runhall and Welborne Parish Council
- Councillors, meetings, minutes, etc.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Brandon Parva is in Forehoe Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Forehoe Hundred
- Description of Forehoe Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain: Statute
- Brandon Parva Inclosure Act, 1812.
An act for inclosing lands in the parish of Brandon Parva,
otherwise Little Brandon, in the county of Norfolk.
[London, J. Dorington for the House of Commons, 1812]
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
- 1831 Census
- "Several Cottages have been pulled down in the Parish of
Brandon-Parva; hence the decrease of Population (28 Persons)."
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.