See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
Brancaster is about 7 miles N.E. of Hunstanton.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Heacham, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- The Church of St. Mary the Virgin
- Description, history and pictures.
- No author
- Saint Mary the Virgin, Brancaster.
[Hunstanton, Witley Press]
- Linnell, Charles L.S.
- St Mary's, Brancaster.
[London, Home Words, 1968-?]
See Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
See Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Brancaster Village pages.
- News, pictures, organisations, etc.
- Brancaster Lifeboat Station
- 1874-1935. This is a link to an archived copy.
- Softley, Michael
- The Brancaster Lifeboats, 1874-1935.
[ISBN 0952279940, Norfolk and Suffolk Research Group, 2000]
- Wright, Harry Cory
- Brancaster Staithe and Burnham Deepdale (photographs).
Saltwater Books, 
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Brancaster is in Smithdon Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Smithdon Hundred
- Description of Smithdon Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
- De Soissons, Maurice
- Brancaster Staithe: the story of a Norfolk fishing village.
[ISBN 0952090708, Woodthorpe, 1993]
- Brancaster Roman Fort
- Ward, Gordon
- A Roman Colony near Brancaster.
[Norwich, Norfolk and Norwich Archaeological Society,
in "Norfolk Archaeology" vol.25, 1935]
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain: Statute
- Brancaster Inclosure Act, 1755.
An act for dividing and inclosing the common fields and
certain lands and brecks in the manor and parish of
Branchaster in the county of Norfolk, and for extinguishing
the several rights of common and sheep walk over the said
field and brecks, and over certain half year closes and pieces
of common in the said manor and parish, and for granting
another right of common to the owners of certain dwelling
houses in the manor and parish aforesaid.
- Map of Brancaster, Brancaster Staithe and Burnham Deepdale.
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.