BRAMERTON, a small village and parish, 4½ miles S.E. by E. of Norwich, has 229 inhabitants, and 728A. 3R. 34P. of land, belonging to several proprietors, and lying in the manors of the surrounding parishes. The Hall, which was the seat of the Corys from 1400 to the middle of last century, is now the seat and property of John Blake, Esq.
The Church (St. Peter,) was rebuilt in 1462, and the living is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £6, in the gift of Robert Fellowes, Esq., and is now enjoyed by the Rev. Edward Blake, who has recently built a handsome new rectory-house, and has 22A. of glebe. The tithes have been commuted, and the present yearly value of the living is about £250.
The town land, 5A. 2R. 20P., is let for £6, which is distributed in coals. This parish has £5 every fifth year, for apprentice fees, and 20s. yearly for the poor, from Cock's Charity. (See Hillington.) In 1711, the Rev. Wm. Berney left £100 for schooling poor children, but the interest has not been paid since the death of Sir John Berney.
Blake John, Esq. Hall Blake Rev. Edw. Rectory Beaumont Hy. joiner Forder Jph. grocer Frost Jas. gardener Hurn John butcher Todd Davy blacksmith Turner Samuel plumber and vict., Wood's-end Ferry Wilde Wm., sen. auctioneer and city coroner farmers. Miller Jas. (owner) Osborne Jacob (dealer) Rudd Robert (owner) Beaumont Robt.
Copyright © Pat Newby.