See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Bramerton is about 4 miles S.E. of Norwich.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- Cemetery of the Church of St Peter
- Names on gravestones.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Brooke, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Peter.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Peter
- Description and pictures.
- Eleven Churches, a Guide to the Bramerton Group, Norfolk.
- See Hellington
- Filby, Vivian
- Through the lynchgate: St Peter's Church, Bramerton.
[Norwich, HM Prison, 1990s]
- Loyd-Claxton, Joyce
- St Peter's Church, Bramerton.
[Bramerton, The Church, 1990s]
- Bramerton Christadelphians
- History, events, pictures, etc.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are included in
Boyd's Marriage Index.
They are not included in Phillimore's Marriage Registers.
- In the Church of St Peter.
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Bramerton was in
Henstead Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Bramerton Post Mill
- Short description.
- Bramerton Tower Mill
- Description and history.
- Banger, Joan
- Bramerton: Collection of letters, photographs, private research,
newspaper cuttings, etc.
[Loose papers in Norwich Local Studies Library, 2000]
- Banger, Joan
[Bramerton, The Bramerton Society, 1991]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Bramerton is in Henstead Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Henstead Hundred
- Description of Henstead Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain. Inclosure Commissioners
- Statement of Claims (18): Bramerton.
Drawn up in pursuance of the Annual (consolidated) Act of
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
- 1861 Census
- "The increase of population in Bramerton parish is
attributed to the migration of several families from Norwich."
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.