Genuki Logo Norfolk Welcome   Contents and Search

Norfolk: Bradfield

William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845

[Transcription copyright Helen Neave]

BRADFIELD, 2 miles N.N.W. of North Walsham, has in its parish 195 souls, and 719 acres of land, belonging to Lord Suffield, the patron of the Church (St. Giles,) which is a rectory, valued in the King's Book at 3. 15s. 7d., and now enjoyed by the Rev. G. L. W. Fauquier, B.A.; but one moiety of the tithes (55 a year) form a donative annexed to Thorpe Market. The rector has 160. 10s. a year in lieu of tithes, and 2A. 2R. 28P. of glebe.

The Independents have a chapel here.

DIRECTORY:

	Allison   John             bone crusher
	Cork      John and Robert  wheelwrights
	Hurst     Mr. Charles

	   farmers.

	Ampleton  Thomas
	Barber    Robert
	Goulden   James
	Grimes    Francis
	Larner    James
	Pull      Ann
	Sewell    James
	Scottow   Wm.
	Wright    Wm.

See also the Bradfield parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright Pat Newby.
November 1999