Norfolk: Bracon Ash
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Bracon Ash is about 7 miles S.S.W. of Norwich.
It may also be called Braconash.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Humbleyard, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Nicholas.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Nicholas
- Description and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Bracon Ash was in
Henstead Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Bracon Ash and Hethel Parish Council
- Parish council meetings, minutes, etc.
- Bracon Ash Church
- Bracon Ash Church and Village.
[The Church, 1960s]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Bracon Ash is in Humbleyard Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Humbleyard Hundred
- Description of Humbleyard Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
- 1831: Numbers of households, males, females, etc.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.