[Transcription copyright © Richard Johns]
BOOTON, a village and parish, 6 miles S.W. by W. of Aylsham, and 1½ miles E. by S. of Reepham, has 241 souls, and 1,011 acres of land, mostly the property of Hastings Elwin, Esq., the lord of the manor, and patron of the Church, (St. Michael,) which is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £7. 12s. 6d., and now enjoyed by the Rev. Caleb Elwin, of Melton Constable. The tithes have been commuted for £294. 10s. per annum. At the enclosure, in 1811, an allotment of 20A., was awarded to the poor, for fuel.
Alden Jerh. vict., King's Head Barrett Robert corn miller Bircham Samuel, Esq. Booton Hall farmers. Parsons Henry, Robert, and Benj. Postle Henry Rodham Richard Sewell Richard Pescod
See also the Booton parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.