[Transcription copyright © Mike Bristow]
BODHAM, near the source of the small river Glaven, 3 miles E. of Holt, has in its parish 292 souls, and 1506 acres. J. T. Mott, Esq., owns most of the soil, and is lord of the manor and patron of the Church, (All Saints,) which is a discharged rectory, valued in K. B. at £9, and now enjoyed by the Rev. J. A. Partridge, M.A.
The poor have 20s. a year, left by Thos. Franke, in 1669, out of Bodham heath, which was enclosed in 1808.
Dagless Thos. machine maker, smith, and founder Fisher Wm shoemaker Jary Cphr. shoemaker Grand John vict., Red Hart Overton Richd. butcher Bird Rd. butcher farmers Bird George, Saml. and Rd. Emery Henry (owner) Franklend Hy. (owner) Scarf Thos. Seeley Wm. Geo. Wegg Frost Youngman John
See also the Bodham parish page.
Copyright © Mike Bristow.