See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
Search Genuki Norfolk for a NAME or a PLACE or a TOPIC.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Blofield is about 7 miles E. of Norwich.
It is also the name of the hundred, the deanery, the civil registration
district, and the poor law union, so a reference to Blofield could
mean this parish, or this area of Norfolk.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Blofield, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Andrew in some records, and
to St Andrew and St Peter in others.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Andrew and St Peter
- Services, description, pictures, etc.
- Church of St Andrew
- Description and pictures.
- Church of St Andrew and St Peter
- Description, services, location, etc.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- These are included in
Boyd's Marriage Index.
They are not included in Phillimore's Marriage Registers.
- Churchwardens' Rates
- Principal property occupiers and the amounts paid.
- Churchwardens' Payments, or Disbursements
- Payments for church repairs, communion bread and wine, etc.
- Collections for special appeals, disasters, relief of suffering, etc.
- 1826: Church bell
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Blofield was in
Blofield Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Blofield Parish Council
- History, description, pictures, parish council, etc.
- Pilch, Barbara
- The Book of Blofield and Hemblington, parishes portrayed.
[ISBN 1841145041, Halsgrove, 2006]
- Blofield Field Post Mill
- Blofield Lingwood Road Post Mill
- Description and history.
- Blofield Heath Smock Mill
- Blofield Heath Tower Mill
- Description, history and picture.
- Blofield Heath Women's Institute
- The Handbook.
[Blofield Heath W.I., 1996]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Blofield is in Blofield Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Blofield Hundred
- Description of Blofield Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Great Britain: Statute
- Blofield and Hemblington Inclosure act, 1801.
An act for dividing, allotting, and inclosing the open fields,
commons, and waste grounds, within the parishes of Blofield
and Hemblington, in the county of Norfolk.
- Kelly, Geoffrey Ian
- Turret House, Blofield, a history.
[Typescript in Norwich Local Studies Library, 1996]
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
There may be more people living in detached parts of the parish (if there
were any) and, if so, the number may or may not be included in the figures
above. It is quite difficult to be sure from the population tables.
- 1901 Census
- "Including Blofield Corner, and part of Hemblington Corner."
[The other part of Hemblington Corner was included with
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
Copyright © Pat Newby.