See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Blickling is about 2 miles N.N.W. of Aylsham.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Ingworth, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Andrew.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
- Church of St Andrew
- Description and pictures.
- Church of St Andrew
- Description, address, services, picture, etc.
- Mead, Denis
- St Andrew's Church, Blickling: Notes on the history of the
[Blickling, The Church, 1980s]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Parish Register Transcripts
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's
For the civil registration of births, marriages and deaths between 1837
and 1930 (and for the censuses from 1851 to 1901), Blickling was in
Aylsham Registration District.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
- Blickling Water Mill
- Description, history and pictures.
- Durst, David W.
- Blickling Bricks.
[Norfolk Industrial Archaeology Society (NIAS),
in "Journal of the NIAS", vol.II, no.2, 1977]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Blickling is in South Erpingham Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for South Erpingham Hundred
- Description of South Erpingham Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Garnett, Oliver
- Blickling: garden, park and estate.
[National Trust, 1990s]
- Griffiths, Elizabeth
- The management of two east Norfolk estates in the
seventeenth century: Blickling and Felbrigg.
Vol.1: 1596-1654; Vol.2: 1654-1717.
[Norwich, University of East Anglia Ph.D. Thesis, 1987]
- Lees-Milne, James
- Blickling Hall, Norfolk.
[London, The National Trust, sixth edition, 1966]
- Maddison, John (editor)
- Blickling Hall; National Trust.
[ISBN 0707800862, London, The Trust, 1987]
- Meyrick, Frederick, 1827-1906
- Guide to Blickling Hall and Church (with some historical
notes; revised in 1938 by M.E.B.).
[Aylsham, Barnwell, 1938]
- National Trust
- Blickling Hall.
[First printed 1978]
[Stellar Press, Hatfield, Herts., 1985]
List of People.
- Newman, John
- Blickling Hall (Guidebook).
[ISBN 0707800862, London, National Trust, 1987]
- Stanley-Millson, Caroline
- The Architecture and decoration of Blickling Hall up to
1629. 2 volumes.
[Norwich, University of East Anglia M.Phil. Thesis, 1981]
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- See Norfolk People and Families
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.