Norfolk: Bittering Parva
William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845
BITTERING PARVA, or Little Bittering, 5½ miles W. by N. of East Dereham,
is a small parish, which keeps its poor conjointly with Beeston, and
contains only 18 souls, and 392 acres of land, divided into two
farms, occupied by Wm. Walker and Soames Greene.
The CHURCH (St. Peter,) is a small fabric, and the living is a rectory
valued in the King's Book at £2. 13s. 6½d., and in 1831, at £100. It was
augmented from 1743 to 1792, with £800 of Queen Anne's bounty.
Henry Dover, Esq., is the patron, and owns the chief part of the parish,
and the Rev. Chas. Goodrich is the incumbent.
See also the Bittering Parva parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.