[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
BITTERING MAGNA was formerly a parish, lying between Gressenhall and Beetley, to which parishes it was annexed many years ago, after the dilapidation of its CHURCH, of which no traces now remain. Like Little Bittering, it maintains its roads separately. Near Gressenhall village, are a number of scattered houses called Bittering Street.
[Note that this entry for 1883 is identical to the entry for 1845].
Copyright © Pat Newby.