Norfolk: Bircham Newton
See Norfolk Parish Links
for more information about this parish.
What's New in Genuki Norfolk.
Bircham Newton is about 11 miles west of Fakenham.
See also Great Bircham
and Bircham Tofts.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Censuses
- In 1883 the parish was in the
Deanery of Heacham, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both
before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
Nearby Churches of all denominations.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Howlett, Richard (Editor)
- The Parish Register of Bircham Newton, from 1562 to 1743.
[Norwich, Walter Rye, 1888]
[Norwich, Agas H. Goose, 1888]
- Marriages 1562-1837
- See Phillimore's Marriage Registers, Volume 12.
See Norfolk Parish Links: Civil Registration
Description and Travel
See Norfolk Parish Links: Description and Travel
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Directories
Bircham Newton is in Smithdon Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Smithdon Hundred
- Description of Smithdon Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
Land and Property
See Norfolk Parish Links: Land and Property
- Modern and Historical Maps
- Maps of the parish.
- Gunn, Peter B.
- Bircham Newton: A Norfolk Airfield in War and Peace.
[ISBN 0954277007, 2002]
- Bircham Newton Control Tower
- Description and pictures.
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Military Records
- See Great Bircham Military Records
- Some of the war graves were of people from Bircham Newton
Names, details, pictures, plan of graves, etc.
Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc
These figures are from the population tables which were produced after the
10-yearly national censuses. The "Families" heading includes families and
|1811|| 9||18|| 74|
See Norfolk Parish Links: Voting Registers
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and
the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web
pages. Please see the
If you use this information in your research, please say that it is from Genuki
Copyright © Pat Newby.