[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
BEIGHTON, on a gentle eminence, 2½ miles S. by W. of Acle, and 10 miles W. of Yarmouth, has in its parish 288 souls, and 1016 acres of land, belonging to Magdalen College, Oxford, the Rev. J. Burroughes, Cyrus Gillett, W. Fowler, Mrs. Walker, and a few smaller owners; but Robert Fellowes, Esq., is lord of the manor and patron of the Church, (All Saints,) which is a rectory, valued in the King's Book at £13, and now enjoyed by the Rev. Thomas Lyon Fellowes, A.B., of Lingwood. It has 9A. 2R. 18P. of glebe, and the tithes have been commuted for £420 per annum.
The Poor's Allotment, 9A. 33P., awarded at the enclosure in 1803, is let for £20 a year.
Barker Wm. tailor Brundell Robert blacksmith Carver James cattle dealer Gillett Rev. Edward curate Goff Jas. wheelwright Howard James shopkeeper Miles Wm. vict., Lord Nelson Walker Mrs. Mary Wells Mrs. Maria Lincoln Hall farmers Fowler Wm. Howard Robert Slipper John Willgress John
See also the Beighton parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.